Candidates April Barker and Seth Fleetwood give an opening statement and respond to questions from our moderator as well as questions from City Club members.
The Mayor is an elected position with a 4 year term. Duties are established by city charter and statutes. The annual salary for the position is $165,600.
- is the chief executive and administrative officer of the City with the prime responsibility of coordination and supervision of the activities of all departments and employees of the City.
- has the power to appoint and remove all appointive positions
- makes certain that all laws and ordinances are faithfully enforced and that law and order is maintained in the City and supervises the administration of City government.
- reviews & approves (or not) official bonds and bonds of contractors with the City.
- attends all regular meetings of the City Council (or may have a delegate attend in his/her stead)
- presents a proposed budget to the council for approval as required by law.