Candidates Tony Larson and Satpal Sidhu had the opportunity to give an opening statement, respond to questions from our moderator as well as questions from City Club members.
The County Executive is elected to a non-partisan, 4-year term with a salary of $172,402 annually. The Executive:
- appoints members to boards and commissions.
- enforces all ordinances and state statutes within the county
- estimates quarterly and annual revenues;
- recommends annual budget to County Council;
- monitors expenses to assure budget compliance.
- represents Whatcom County at local, regional, state and federal levels.
- responds to citizen concerns, complaints and requests.
- supervises all administrative offices and executive departments.
- administers the Economic Development Investment Program.